A fantastic opportunity to develop your skills and qualifications in energy efficiency. You will learn the skills and gain the qualifications necessary to undertake energy retrofit assessments, by undergoing Carbonlite training (self-paced 130hr course). As a Trainee you will enter an agreement with Community Energy Birmingham where we will provide you with training and support, and you will get paid while practising your skills in real households across the Birmingham area.
Trainees will undertake assessment of homes and collect data to identify the best measures for the householder improving their homes to reduce their energy consumption and emissions. We are looking for an excellent communicator? who can record and interpret data accurately, provide analysis of results and produce comprehensive reports for householders.
Join us in our mission to a Net Zero Brum!
If you have any questions about this opportunity please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Demonstrable experience on energy efficiency or the built environment.
- Academic or professional qualification in a built environment or energy discipline
- An interest in sustainability and energy efficiency in the built environment
- Highly organised and motivated individual
- Computer literate, with good knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, and experience of use of spreadsheets for data input and management
- Experience of customer-facing roles, in particular dealing with private households/owner occupiers clients
We particularly welcome female and non-binary applicants, as well as those from ethnic minorities, as they are under-represented across the energy chain.
To apply, please forward your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com. If pre-selected we will set a task to be completed before the interview. In your cover letter please make reference how you meet the essential areas of the person specification in the job description.
Deadline March 15th 2022. More spaces will become available, so don’t hesitate to apply beyond the deadline to be considered for later rounds.